Wednesday 21 November 2012

scraperboard


Theda Bara and Rory Manning.
I've been experimenting a little with scraperboard these days, as if drypoint and monotype and general inking wasn't enough. I am all over the place this term. But anyway! Even though a little difficult at first (perhaps mostly to do with the shitty tools and cheap scraperboard - actually, not even cheap, it was fairly expensive, it just doesn't seem to be very good) I think I've kinda got the hang of it. And in doing so I created two images if Theda Bara - which is quite project-based, at least -  and Rory Manning, a model (I think? I don't know, she's utterly gorgeous and kind of a ghost on google). It's a great way to study contrast and lighting, really makes you think about negative and positive space.

No comments:

Post a Comment