Thursday 15 November 2012

Lulu



I've been wanting to do something on Louise Brooks ever since I watched Pandora's Box a few years ago. Actually, I've been smitten with her since well before then, as I grew up with Crepax's "Valentina" stories. So when my current project started going in a 20s direction, she was definitely going to have to be one of the subjects/characters. This ended up being a mini-project within the project, a little zine done in a mixture of drypoint and monotype (professional printmakers might kill me about it) which allowed me to have detail while maintaining the swishy inky goodness of monotypes. I'm also fairly satisfied with my hand drawn type. This will eventually be reformatted to fit the book I'm creating for my project as a short narrative under the name "the Courtesan".

No comments:

Post a Comment