Saturday 10 March 2012

Yaxin le Faune Gabriel

Everytime an Amazon package arrives, I feel like I'm 8 again and it's Christmas morning. Honestly, I get excited even though obviously I know what's in the brown box. So yesterday I'd been out the house since 10 in the morning, had lectures until past 4 then a double shift at work. By the time I got home at nearly 3am, I was looking forward to crashing in my bed. Then I saw the package addressed to me, knew exactly what it would be and literally ran up the stairs with it so I could open it in my bedroom. I'd seen a couple of images from the Yaxin blog but this "tome" by Dimitri Vey and Man Arenas was much more than I expected - gorgeous, delicate drawings, stunning and smart layouts, great storytelling all round. Now French isn't my first (or second, maybe even not third) language, so it'll take me a little longer to read it, but that means I will spend more time looking at the beautiful pages. So yay Amazon for making beautiful stories and illustrations like this available everywhere in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment